Veal flank in its own juice
Creamed corn 0.005 kg
Natural mushrooms 0.1 kg
The following dishes are necessary for this recipe:
- Brown stock.
- Tomato sauce.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Peel, chop the garlic into brunoise and sauté with the paysanned (roughly chopped) onion.
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters.
For the flank:
- Remove the fat from the meat, smear it with the garlic smashed up in a pestle and mortar, black pepper, coarse salt and olive oil. Roll and tie it up.
- Put the flank in the hot oven, let brown.
- Add the white wine and the brown stock without covering it completely, lower the temperature to 130 ºC.
- Check that the meat is very tender with a skewer, separate the juices from the flank. Let stand and cool to 120 ºC.
- Remove the fat from the juices and add the brown stock to the sauce and then add tomato sauce.
- Thicken with cornflour and add salt if required.
- Once the flank is cold, chop it into slices and place them on plates.
- Sauté the mushrooms in quarters and place them on top of the flank, pour sauce on top and heat everything up in the oven.
Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.49 g
Saturates 2.36 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 4.69 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.49 g
Cholesterol 9.42 mg
Calcium 154.81 mg
Iron 8.02 mg
Zinc 7.27 mg
Vitamin A 229.38 ug
Vitamin C 52.11 g
Folic acid 127.36 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1136.66 mg
Sugars 11.62 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed