Warm squab salad with corn sauce
For the squab:
- Remove the bones from the squab, obtaining the breasts for this preparation and reserving the rest for other recipes.
For the corn sauce:
- Blend the corn in the thermomix at high speed until a very fine cream is obtained.
- Strain the corn with a fine mesh strainer.
- Put the cream back into the thermomix, this time at 50ºC and medium speed and add the butter slowly in pieces until it is incorporated and emulsifies the cream.
- Keep the sauce in the thermomix for 5 minutes and correct the thickness with white stock.
- Add salt and keep warm.
For the warm salad:
- Chop the vegetables and cook them in the English way separately, cooling and draining. They can also be cut into sticks or diamond shapes.
- Clean the bouquetiere of fresh vegetables.
- Make a dried fruit vinaigrette.
- Cook the seasoned and greased breasts in a very hot pan leaving them slightly pink.
- Leave to rest on a plate covered with aluminium foil.
- Sauté the vegetables in olive oil with finely chopped garlic, season and set aside.
- Spread the corn sauce on the plate, on top of this the sautéed vegetables and to one side the bouquetiere of fresh vegetables seasoned with the dried fruit vinaigrette.
- Finally, fillet the breasts and arrange them in a fan shape over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 10.16 g
Saturates 20.87 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 23.7 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 6.49 g
Cholesterol 249.0 mg
Calcium 217.52 mg
Iron 7.53 mg
Zinc 1.72 mg
Vitamin A 732.46 ug
Vitamin C 81.71 g
Folic acid 251.39 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1650.47 mg
Sugars 11.42 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed