For this recipe, the following elaborations are needed:
- Make caramel with the sugar and water.
- Add the cream and dissolve the caramel to obtain a toffee sauce.
- Meanwhile mix the cornstarch and the yolks.
- Add the toffee sauce to the mixture and heat up to 85 ºC to obtain pasteurization.
- Dissolve the soaked gelatine into the mixture.
- Cool the cream between 27 ºC and 29 ºC.
- Semi-whip the cream and add it to the mixture with gentle folding movements.
- Mold in the chosen format and cool.
- Cover with the sponge cake and soak it in light syrup.
- Give a cold blast until set.
- Remove from the mould, portion and decorate with whipped cream.
- Serve with English cream.
- For extra decoration try covering with toffee sauce, whipped cream or chocolate shavings to taste.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.01 g
Saturates 18.94 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 8.97 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.03 g
Cholesterol 183.1 mg
Calcium 53.32 mg
Iron 0.68 mg
Zinc 0.52 mg
Vitamin A 283.61 ug
Vitamin C 0.0 g
Folic acid 10.4 ug
Salt (Sodium) 51.2 mg
Sugars 17.62 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed