Braised veal with mixed vegetables
Onion 0.15 kg
Tomato 0.05 kg
- Prepare the mixed vegetables (jardiniére) with cubed potatoes.
- Use garlic cut into brunoise to sauté the vegetables.
For the meat:
- Prepare a white stock.
- Clean the meat by removing the grease and nerves. Stuff with bacon and tie.
- Chop the vegetables: fillet the garlic, dice the onion, and cut the carrot and the leek into half-moons and the tomato in quarters.
- Brown the meat and add salt and pepper. Place them in a container.
- Add the vegetables to the same pan used to brown the meat, (assuring the juices are not burned), heat the vegetables and allow them to soak up all the juices left by the meat.
- Add the veal, the wine and the stock or water, without covering the meat.
- Allow to cook making sure it doesn’t dry up, until it is tender (introduce a skewer).
- Remove the cooked meat and cool well (if possible, prepare it the day before).
- Cut the meat.
Elaboration of the sauce:
- Blend all the vegetables.
- Add stock if necessary.
- Add salt if necessary and check the thickness.
- Plate up the meat with the sauce, making sure it is very hot, and place the vegetables on the side.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 9.5 g
Saturates 10.85 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 23.12 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 18.11 g
Cholesterol 111.98 mg
Calcium 175.46 mg
Iron 6.94 mg
Zinc 7.46 mg
Vitamin A 734.11 ug
Vitamin C 54.38 g
Folic acid 166.49 ug
Salt (Sodium) 2000.65 mg
Sugars 14.84 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed