Leeks filled with monkfish, and spidercrab in green sauce
Prepare the leeks:
- Clean the leeks and use only the white part. Blanch the leeks so that you can easily remove the leaves and fill them. We will use 6 leaves per person.
To make the filling:
- Clean the monkfish and using the head make a fish fumet. We will use this fumet to make the filling and sauces.
- Cook the monkfish in the fumet. Once cooked, crumble the fish.
Boil the spider crab:
- Place it into salty boiling water if it is already dead. If it is alive, you can place it into room temperature water.
- Then remove it into ice cold water or into the freezer.
- Once it has chilled, remove all the meat, including the legs. Do not take the meat from the gills. Set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables that will be in the filling.
- Mix the monkfish, vegetables and the crab meat and combine it all together with a beshamel sauce made with a roux (70/70 per liter).
- Fill the leeks with this mixture and coat them in eggs and flour.
For the sauce:
- Make a green pepper sauce and emulsify it with butter using a blender.
- Fry some red beetroot chips and carrot juliennes.
- Make a cuttlefish sauce and pour in into a squeeze bottle.
- Pour some of green pepper sauce on a plate and place the fried leeks on top.
- Arrange the carrot and red beetroot chips on top of the leeks.
- Drizzle over some cuttlefish sauce.
- In addition to the green pepper sauce, you can make some Biscayne sauce to decorate the dish.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 22.34 g
Saturates 24.76 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 54.19 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 13.14 g
Cholesterol 188.65 mg
Calcium 694.88 mg
Iron 9.66 mg
Zinc 5.28 mg
Vitamin A 1322.61 ug
Vitamin C 199.83 g
Folic acid 543.65 ug
Salt (Sodium) 961.15 mg
Sugars 54.41 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed