Clams filled with shrimps and roasted peppers
Large semi farmed clam 0.3 kg
Butter 0.25 kg
Onion 0.1 kg
Prawns 0.15 kg
For the clams:
- Steam the clams until open, covered with fumet.
- Separate the clams from the shells and chop the clams into brunoise. Save both for later.
For the filling:
- In a bowl with melted butter, cook the onion, cut into brunoise.
- Add the peeled and chopped prawns, cook for some minutes and add the chopped clams (without shells).
- Add flour and mix, making a roux with all the ingredients.
- Add the milk and the stock to open the clams, cook constantly stirring until it thickens and the raw flour flavour is gone.
- Add salt, white pepper, nutmeg and Tabasco (spicy sauce).
- Put the filling on a plate and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to avoid it crusting.
- Allow the filling to cool in the blast chiller and save for later.
How to fill the clams:
- Fill the shells with the filling and cover them in breadcrumbs.
For the garnish:
- Make a piperrada (basic roasted peppers stew).
- For the sauce américaine foam:
- Make a thick sauce américaine or thicken it when finished with dry mashed potatoes or with any other thickener.
- Add 3 or 4 egg whites, mix everything and add salt.
- Strain the mixture with a sieve and introduce it into the 1 litre siphon, with 2 loads of N2O.
- Put in bain-marie at approximately 50 or 55 ºC.
- Make crispy potatoes.
HOW TO SERVE
- Fry the clams and place on kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil.
- Heat the piperrada and form a cone shape on one side of the plate.
- Fill it with the sauce américaine foam.
- Place the clams next to the piperrada.
- Decorate with chopped parsley and the crispy potatoes.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.32 g
Saturates 25.1 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 16.39 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 3.24 g
Cholesterol 247.44 mg
Calcium 268.72 mg
Iron 6.11 mg
Zinc 3.04 mg
Vitamin A 643.32 ug
Vitamin C 99.62 g
Folic acid 111.6 ug
Salt (Sodium) 736.72 mg
Sugars 11.72 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed