Cod, shepherd's breadcrumbs and mushy pea-mint sauce
Cod loin 1.25 kg
Bread 175.0 g
Garlic, bulb 2.5 ud
Serrano ham 0.125 kg
Desalt and ration the cod. If glazed cod is used, defrost and ration.
For the elaboration of this dish, the following recipies are needed:
For the pea sauce:
- Simmer the onion cut into julienne, once done, fry the potato and cover with the vegetable stock.
- Steam the peas and blast chill.
- Once the potato is boiled add the peas and the fresh mint. Blend everything together and put through the conical strainer.
- Add salt and pepper.
For the shepherd's breadcrumbs:
- Use old bread cut into thin slices.
- Slightly moisten the bread.
- Chop the garlic into brunoise and sautée in soft olive oil.
- When the garlic rises to the surface add the diced ham.
- Sauté everything together and add the breadcrumbs, stirring constantly until they are dry and crispy.
- Add a little paprika.
For the cod:
- Add garlic and chilli pepper to the olive oil for flavour.
- Preserve the cod in the spiced oil.
- Make a pil-pil with the cod juices and the oil.
SET UP AND SERVING
- Place the hot crumbs in the centre of the plate and the peppers stew over them. Add the cod covered with pil-pil to the peppers.
- Add the pea and mint sauce to the dish.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 11.7 g
Saturates 3.2 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 9.79 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.56 g
Cholesterol 142.55 mg
Calcium 238.45 mg
Iron 6.15 mg
Zinc 4.44 mg
Vitamin A 729.63 ug
Vitamin C 143.44 g
Folic acid 201.41 ug
Salt (Sodium) 955.16 mg
Sugars 14.26 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed