Pork shank stew with mixed vegetables
- Make a brown stock.
- Separate the shanks from the fresh ham, bone and tie. One per portion.
- Chop the onion and the garlic into small pieces and then the leek and the carrot into half-moons.
- Brown the shanks and place them in a saucepan.
- In the same degreased frying pan, fry the vegetables and add them to the meat. Place on the heat and then add the wine and reduce.
- Add the brown stock without covering the meat and let it cook until it is very tender.
- Take out the shanks, remove the string and separate them into two pieces.
- Prepare the sauce by blending the remaining broth and adding tomato sauce and thickening it with cornstarch if necessary.
- Serve with the vegetables cut into small squares.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 14.23 g
Saturates 1.34 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.82 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.52 g
Cholesterol 0.04 mg
Calcium 319.39 mg
Iron 7.68 mg
Zinc 4.42 mg
Vitamin A 1228.47 ug
Vitamin C 87.32 g
Folic acid 269.31 ug
Salt (Sodium) 2069.32 mg
Sugars 27.2 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed