Veal cheeks stew seasoned with Pedro Ximenez and garnished with potatoes, aubergine, red pepper and glassed chalota
Potato 0.6 kg
High oleic oil 0.25 l
- Prepare a white stock.
- Remove the tendons and fat from the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper, flour and brown.
- Remove and Set the veal aside.
- Stir fry the vegetables cut in brunoise in the previously used pan to give them some colour.
- Add the pulp from the soaked chorizo pepper and pour the mixture over the veal.
- Pour the sweet wine (Pedro Ximenez) and reduce, then add red wine and reduce again.
- Add the white stock covering the vegetables but without covering the meat and let simmer covered. Add more stock if necessary.
- Blend the sauce if necessary once the meat is tender.
- Cut the veal into 3 or 4 steaks or dice if desired.
- For the garnish:
- Cook the peeled shallots in a pan or oven until golden, place on a plate with water, sugar and a little oil and let them cook in the oven or on the stove. Set aside when tender and golden.
- Cook the slices of eggplant on the griddle until golden with a little oil and finish cooking in the oven.
- Roast the greased red peppers at a high temperature, take out from the oven and cover, then peel, seed and cut into strips.
- Fry the potatoes cut into strips.
- Heat the veal, sauce and serve with the vegetables and fried potato.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 13.98 g
Saturates 31.37 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 71.72 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 15.61 g
Cholesterol 195.3 mg
Calcium 344.37 mg
Iron 11.37 mg
Zinc 11.21 mg
Vitamin A 531.25 ug
Vitamin C 99.83 g
Folic acid 333.86 ug
Salt (Sodium) 619.33 mg
Sugars 32.15 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed