- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Place the flour, the salt, the sugar and the yeast in the blender using the egg beater.
- Add water, milk, an egg and start kneading using the egg beater on slow.
- Add the rest of the eggs one by one and knead for 10 to 15 minutes at a quick pace until the dough is uniform and smooth.
- Reduce the speed and slowly add the luke warm melted butter.
- Knead again for 10 to 15 minutes at quick speed until the dough comes off the walls of the blender easily.
- Allow the dough to ferment in the bakery proofer or at around 30-40 ºC, until it doubles its volume.
- Introduce the dough into a piping bag and fill the savarin moulds, previously greased and covered in flour up to half their volume.
- Allow it to ferment again until doubled in volume.
- Bake the dough in the oven and take it out of the mould when it’s cooked.
- Make a basic syrup in a casserole dish at a temperature between 70 ºC and 80 ºC. Add the savarins and soak in a saucepan.
- Place the savarins over a rack so that they drain well. Store them in the fridge.
- The syrup used for this dessert will contain 700 g of sugar per litre of water. It will also be flavoured with fruit peel (orange, lemon) and spices (cinnamon, vanilla, anise, etc).
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 2.33 g
Saturates 9.74 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.98 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.58 g
Cholesterol 247.66 mg
Calcium 48.06 mg
Iron 1.82 mg
Zinc 1.2 mg
Vitamin A 248.98 ug
Vitamin C 0.12 g
Folic acid 69.71 ug
Salt (Sodium) 186.2 mg
Sugars 14.75 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
Savarin cake seasoned with rum and raisin ice cream (Tapas)
- Type of dish: Finger foods
- Additional culinary preparation: Sweet
- Temperature: Room temperature
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed