Low temperature poached eggs, clams and peas with airy green sauce
Giant clam 0.5 kg
Txakoli 0.05 l
For the low temperature eggs:
- Poach the eggs in the Roner sous-vide cooker at 65°C for 45 minutes.
- Cool in plenty of iced water and set aside.
For the clams:
- Open the clams with some txakoli or other white wine, then add fumet, a bay leaf and some black peppercorns. The clams should be a little raw as they will be heated up before plating up.
- Set aside the clams and broth separately.
- Add 0.5 litres of fumet then strain through a fine sieve and separate into two halves: one for the clam sauce and the other for the green sauce foam.
For the clam sauce:
- Add 1.5 g of agar-agar for every 0.250 l of broth, boil everything together and leave to cool until it thickens.
- Then cover the clams and keep in the refrigerator.
For the peas:
- Open the pods and remove the peas without their stem.
- Blanch them in some fumet, and then cool.
HOW TO SERVE
- Heat the egg up in warm water and remove the shell.
- Warm up the clams together with the sauce without overcooking them.
- Prepare the parsley foam with the help of a turmix and let stand for a minute.
- Pour some sauce in the centre of a bowl and place the poached egg on top.
- Place the peas around the egg and the clams in between.
- Decorate with the clam foam, parsley and rosemary flowers.
- Add Maldon salt to the egg.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 14.29 g
Saturates 2.94 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.37 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.22 g
Cholesterol 236.16 mg
Calcium 271.22 mg
Iron 10.03 mg
Zinc 4.38 mg
Vitamin A 414.44 ug
Vitamin C 83.97 g
Folic acid 336.81 ug
Salt (Sodium) 731.1 mg
Sugars 22.66 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Type of dish
- Cuisine type
- Tratamiento de la leche
- Additional culinary preparation
- Production site
- Maridaje bebida
- Food pairing
- Fat percentage
- Conservation technique
- Seasonal recipes
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed