Glazed veal sweetbreads with coffee, bitter cocoa and mote wheat
Veal sweetbreads, frozen 1.0 kg
Table salt 3.0 g
Cocoa 0.01 kg
Micromesclun, bag 2.0 g
For the sweetbreads:
- Make a beef stock.
- Put the sweetbreads in cold salted water for several hours so that they bleed.
- Blanch them for a few minutes bringing them to the boil from cold water, let them cool in the water.
- Clean them by removing the excess fat and skin.
- Season them with salt and pepper and brown them in a non-stick frying pan with butter and olive oil.
- Place the sweetbreads in a pan and cover with the brown stock, leave to cook until soft.
For the cocoa sauce:
- Reduce the red wine and add with the stock left over from cooking the sweetbreads.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch and make it shiny but adding a few cubes of butter.
- Finally, add the cocoa.
For the garnishes:
- Coffee caramel.
- In a frying pan, glaze the sweetbreads with the cocoa sauce, adding it little by little until they are completely covered.
- Place the sweetbreads on a deep plate, next to the mote wheat stew and on the other side, the coffee grounds.
- Decorate with the coffee caramel and the sprouts.
- Once bled, bleached, cleaned, seasoned and browned, the sweetbreads can be cooked in a vacuum with a brown base (15% to 20% of the weight of the sweetbreads) at 70 ºC for 180 minutes.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 7.38 g
Saturates 14.64 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 16.09 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.4 g
Cholesterol 554.67 mg
Calcium 150.37 mg
Iron 6.07 mg
Zinc 4.13 mg
Vitamin A 344.99 ug
Vitamin C 72.67 g
Folic acid 164.67 ug
Salt (Sodium) 586.52 mg
Sugars 33.42 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed