Aubergine gratin stuffed with vegetables
Small aubergine 0.85 kg
Onion 0.175 kg
For the vegetable stock
For the filling of the aubergines
- Scoop out the aubergine flesh and brunoise it.
- Brunoise the onion and the button mushroom.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes in salted boiling water. Peel them and chop them into big pieces.
- Make a béchamel sauce with 70 g of roux (70 g of butter and 70 g of flour) per litre of milk.
- Fry the onion lightly in some olive oil. When it gets tender, add the button mushroom. After 2 minutes, add the aubergine flesh and allow everything to cook. Lastly, add the egg.
- Mix the filling with the béchamel sauce and season it with salt and white pepper.
For the vegetable sauce or purée
- Julienne the onion and the carrot and cut the leek into half-moons. Place them on a casserole, pour some oil and let them fry lightly.
- Add flour (45 g per litre of stock) to the vegetable stock. Allow it to boil for a few minutes and colour it with some tomato sauce.
- Puree the sauce, strain it through a conical strainer and check and adjust the seasoning, colour and thickness.
- To stuff the aubergine
- Fry the aubergine shells until they are tender. Let them dry on paper towel.
- Pile stuffing into the shells and place them on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Once they are done, bake the aubergines at 180 ºC until the cheese is melted.
- Pour some vegetable sauce in the middle of the dish and place the aubergine gratin sprinkled with parsley on top.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 14.69 g
Saturates 11.66 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 13.35 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 22.54 g
Cholesterol 238.8 mg
Calcium 580.98 mg
Iron 7.42 mg
Zinc 50.19 mg
Vitamin A 728.72 ug
Vitamin C 96.38 g
Folic acid 355.73 ug
Salt (Sodium) 823.98 mg
Sugars 30.94 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed