Roasted veal fillets with Porto sauce
Shallots 0.05 kg
Port wine Bandeira 0.02 l
Brown stock 0.5 l
Creamed corn 0.01 kg
For the veal fillets:
- Fillet the veal using the tail of the sirloin.
For the garnish:
- Parboil carrot, potato and courgette, then cook them ‘English style’.
- Parboil the mushrooms and cook on the griddle.
- Cut the green beans into diamond shapes and cook them the’ English way’.
For the sauce:
- Make a brown stock and reduce so it thickens
- Chop the shallot into brunoise and sauté in the butter without it browning.
- Add the Oporto wine and let reduce, then add a little brown stock. Boil.
- Thicken with corn flour and add salt if required.
- Add some cubes of butter and dissolve off the heat.
HOW TO SERVE
- Parboil the vegetables and mushrooms with a little butter.
- Add salt and pepper and lightly flour the fillets and then brown on both sides in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the pan and then bring to the boil for a minute so it doesn’t overcook.
- Plate up the vegetables.
- Plate up the meat and pour the sauce over it a decorative way.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.47 g
Saturates 14.01 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 14.41 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.17 g
Cholesterol 153.25 mg
Calcium 131.03 mg
Iron 6.54 mg
Zinc 5.69 mg
Vitamin A 670.12 ug
Vitamin C 42.77 g
Folic acid 132.03 ug
Salt (Sodium) 433.84 mg
Sugars 13.61 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed