Red kidney bean stew
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Chop the carrot and the leek into half-moons.
- Chop the fresh bacon, the bacon and the ribs into dices. Don’t chop the chorizo.
- Peel and roughly chop (crack) the potatoes.
- Cook all the ingredients starting with cold water. Cook on a low and continuous heat so you don’t break the beans.
- Add the potatoes at the end of the cooking time, since they require less time to be cooked.
- Make a basic biscaynne sauce to season the mixture.
- When the cooking is about to finish, add the biscaynne sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Take out the chorizo and slice.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 28.81 g
Saturates 3.67 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 4.26 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.01 g
Cholesterol 18.05 mg
Calcium 280.19 mg
Iron 8.89 mg
Zinc 4.29 mg
Vitamin A 309.8 ug
Vitamin C 59.6 g
Folic acid 194.23 ug
Salt (Sodium) 56.9 mg
Sugars 20.84 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed