Scorpion fish mackerel with barnacle and chive dressing
Squid ink 0.015 kg
Table salt 5.0 g
For the scorpionfish or mackerel:
- Clean the scorpion fish/mackerel, remove the skin and the bones, leaving the loins clean. Season -with salt and pepper.
- Cut the onion, green pepper and salad tomato into julienne strips.
- Prepare the loins on an aluminium foil with a little olive oil and place the vegetables in julienne on top.
- Season with salt and pepper and make the papillote. Place in a steamer basket and place in a casserole with fumet.
- Steam over medium heat for 12 minutes.
For the sauce:
- With the rests of the barnacles and fumet make a substantial broth to bind with cornstarch and butter.
For the garnish:
- Make a cauliflower puree and bind with reduced cream.
- Cook the barnacles in seawater, remove the skin from the stalk and set aside to garnish the dish.
- Chop chives in brunoise and prepare a sherry vinaigrette garnished with chives.
- Make fried leeks cut into julienne.
- Prepare a fine baby squid sauce. Blend and place in a bottle and decorate the dish.
- Place the cauliflower cream on the base of the plate.
- Place the loins of mackerel and the vegetables on the cauliflower cream.
- Prepare the barnacles without the skin of the peduncle and with the nail upwards over the fish.
- Sauté with the velouté.
- On one side add a dash of squid sauce and on top of it place a small pile of fried leek.
- Place the chives vinaigrette in a small bowl.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.12 g
Saturates 29.23 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 24.08 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 31.93 g
Cholesterol 156.92 mg
Calcium 171.78 mg
Iron 3.42 mg
Zinc 0.91 mg
Vitamin A 528.11 ug
Vitamin C 93.1 g
Folic acid 169.35 ug
Salt (Sodium) 624.32 mg
Sugars 14.09 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed