Goxo flour (W 170 - 200) 0.25 kg
Water 0.025 l
Sterilised milk 0.025 l
Table salt 1.25 g
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Add the flour, milk, salt, sugar and yeast into a suitable container and blend using a whisk.
- Add the water, milk and egg and beat using the egg beater whisk on a low speed.
- Add the rest of the eggs one by one and beat for 10 to 15 minutes at a faster speed until the dough looks uniform and smooth.
- On a low speed add the lukewarm melted butter slowly.
- Beat the dough again on fast speed until the dough unsticks easily from the walls of the container.
- Allow the dough to ferment in a bakery proofer at about 30 or 40 ºC, until it doubles its volume.
- Add some macerated raisins and mix well.
- Put the dough into a piping bag and fill the baba moulds (previously greased and covered with flour) to the half of their capacity.
- Allow to ferment again until the dough doubles its volume.
- Bake in the over and take the babas out of the mould once cooked while they are still hot.
- Heat the basic syrup in a pan from 70 to 80 ºC, add the babas and dip using a ladle.
- Place the babas on a rack to drain and store them in the refrigerator.
- The basic syrup used for this dessert is 700 g of sugar per litre of water, and well-seasoned with fruit peel (orange, lemon) and spices (cinnamon, vanilla, anise, etc).
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 2.27 g
Saturates 9.74 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.98 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.58 g
Cholesterol 247.66 mg
Calcium 46.7 mg
Iron 1.77 mg
Zinc 1.19 mg
Vitamin A 248.98 ug
Vitamin C 0.09 g
Folic acid 69.67 ug
Salt (Sodium) 186.2 mg
Sugars 17.12 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
Type of dish
- Juices, milkshakes and beverages
- Finger foods
- Bread and pastries
- Main course
- Pizzas, patty
- Ice creams and sorbets
- Breakfasts and brunch
- Soups and creams
- Coffee, chocolate and infusion
- Appetizers and canapes
- Cuisine type
- Additional culinary preparation
- Conservation technique
- Seasonal recipes
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed