Veal cheeks stew in Pedro Ximénez with mashed potatoes, broccoli and piperrada
- Clean the meat from tendons and fat.
For this recipe, the following elaborations are needed:
For the veal:
- Add salt and pepper and slightly flour the meat.
- Sauté the veal and place them into a stewing pan.
- Degrease the pan where the meat has been sautéed and fry to soften the vegetables cut into brunoise (onion, carrot, garlic and leek), so they take some colour and absorb the meat juices.
- Add the chorizo pepper pulp (previously soaked).
- Add the veal cheeks and once browned drizzle with the sweet wine (Pedro Ximénez) and let reduce.
- Add red wine and let reduce again.
- Cover with the white stock, covering the vegetables but not covering the meat, and cook covered. During cooking, add more stock if needed.
- If a fine sauce is desired, the sauce may be blended once the veal is tender.
- Cut the veal into 3 or 4 fillets, or dice.
For the piperrada:
- Soften the onion, the green peppers and the red peppers. Bind with the tomato sauce and set aside.
Warm up the veal, the mashed potatoes, the broccoli and the piperrada. Place the meat on a hot plate add the sauce and serve with the mashed potatoes, the broccoli and the piperrada.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed