Blinis (yeasted pancakes)
- Boil the potato, leave to cool and peel it.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk (the milk temperature should not reach more than 40 ºC).
- Blend to combine the potato, milk with yeast, flour, sugar, salt and two egg yolks.
- Place the batter in a bowl and let the preparation ferment until doubled in volume.
- Whip 6 egg whites until they form stiff peaks, fold them into the fermented batter with a scooping-and-folding motion.
Blinis can be cooked in a frying pan specially intended for them or on a griddle.
- In a non-stick frying-pan: Grease with a little fat or oil, heat and add a ladleful of batter, cook until golden brown on each side. Blinis should be golden-brown outside and well-cook inside.
- On the griddle: Same way of cooking, but if they are not evenly shaped, use a pastry cutter to have them shaped.
They are served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 1.1 g
Saturates 1.05 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 1.04 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.45 g
Cholesterol 82.72 mg
Calcium 38.88 mg
Iron 0.82 mg
Zinc 0.5 mg
Vitamin A 63.46 ug
Vitamin C 2.4 g
Folic acid 45.32 ug
Salt (Sodium) 193.04 mg
Sugars 2.95 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed