"A Banda" style rice with monkfish
Large semi farmed clam 0.3 kg
Baby squid 0.2 kg
Prawns 0.1 kg
Parsley 3.0 g
For the fumet:
- Prepare a substantial fumet with fish bones and shellfish shells.
For the rice:
- Fry the garlic, the onion and the leek cut into brunoise with the squid, also cut into brunoise.
- Add the rice, the parsley and the saffron.
- Cover with the fumet, adjust to taste and boil the rice for around 10 minutes.
- Introduce in the fast chiller to stop the cooking and keep per portion vaccumed well spread out on a tray.
For the monkfish:
- Clean the monkfish and cut into rings.
- Vacuum the rings seasoned with some extra virgin olive oil, garlic cut into brunoise and chopped garlic.
- Cook in a vacuum for 10 minutes at 50 ºC.
- Cool and set aside.
For the monkfish pil-pil:
- Fry the garlic with olive oil. Let cool.
- Cook in the same oil the heads, the bones and parts of the monkfish.
- Emulsify a monkfish pil-pil with the juice of the heads, the bones and the oil.
- Let sit.
For the squid noodles:
- Clean the squid.
- Cut into 6 or 8 squares of the same size.
- Stack the squares in an orderly way, one over the other, making blocks of 6 or 8 parts.
- Cover the blocks with cling film trying not dismantle them and freeze them.
- Once frozen, remove the plastic and cut into thin layers from the lateral of the block, with the cutting machine to obtain noodle shaped strips.
- Vacuum the squid noodles seasoned and with virgin olive oil and chopped parsley. Set aside.
- For the langoustines:
- Peel a langoustine per each portion, leaving the head and the last ring of the tail.
For the clams:
- Clean the clams in cold water with salt.
- For decoration:
- Chopped parsley.
- Prepare a parsley oil.
- Put two clams per portion in a pan with some fumet. Cover and open.
- Add the rice, the fumet and the langoustine. Cook stirring carefully trying not to break the langoustine.
- Add some virgin olive oil.
- Vacuum the noodles at 65 ºC for 1,5 minutes.
- Fry a monkfish ring in a pan.
- Plate up the rice with a ring.
- Place the langoustine over and place the squid noodles on top.
- Place the clams and the monkfish ring next to the rice.
- Cover the monkfish with its pil-pil.
- Decorate with chopped parsley and parsley oil.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 14.79 g
Saturates 17.41 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 77.92 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 13.26 g
Cholesterol 101.83 mg
Calcium 497.81 mg
Iron 9.37 mg
Zinc 6.64 mg
Vitamin A 408.46 ug
Vitamin C 118.05 g
Folic acid 392.12 ug
Salt (Sodium) 683.23 mg
Sugars 32.93 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed