Whiting à la marinara
- To prepare the fish in advance. Slice or cut into portions.
For this recipe, you will need to make the following preparations:
- Make a fumet.
- Make some tomato sauce.
- Boil the eggs.
- Defrost the mussels and remove the beards.
- Cut the garlic, onion and leek into brunoise and blanch them.
Then, you can to choose to make either of these two preparations:
1ª Elaboration: By the culinary technique of concentration (i.e. to make a velouté).
- Put these vegetables in a pan with virgin olive oil and 40g/l. of flour. Stir and cook the mixture. Season with paprika. Add in the white wine, fumet, tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Season with salt.
- Place the fish (seasoned) into the velouté until it is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and season with parsley. Add the eggs (cut in half) and the mussels.
2ª Elaboration: By the culinary technique of making a ragu.
- Season and flour the fish.
- Put the vegetables in a pan with virgin olive oil and some flour (bear in mind that we have already floured the fish). Place the fish in the pan and cook. Season with paprika and turn the fish over. Let it cook on the other side.
- Add in some white wine and the fumet (until the fish is covered). Incorporate the tomato sauce, season and let cook.
- Place the cooked mussels on top, season with parsley and add in the eggs.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed