Warm winter vegetable, prawn and foie gras salad
Duck liver 0.25 kg
Prawns 0.25 kg
For white stock or vegetable stock.
For the vegetables:
- Boil the cauliflower, the broccoli, the broad beans and the garlic, separately. Blanch the carrot cut into thin slices.
- Boil the artichokes in white broth, let them cool in the broth and cut them into 6 pieces.
- Cut the zucchini and the aubergine into thin slices, rub the aubergine with salt and grill both.
For the flavouring:
- Cut the shallot into brunoise and simmer.
- For the prawns: peel them (the tail can be left to decorate).
For the foie grass:
- Clean the exterior of skin and bumps if any, keep refrigerated until use.
For the coffee sauce.
- Cut the foie with a hot knife, (50g/serving).
- Sautée the prawns with some shallots, add the vegetables and sauté, bind with flour and add stock. Boil for 1 minute and set aside.
- Heat another pan for the foie, when it is very hot and off the heat, sautée the foie, (two pieces of foie per serving), remove them onto absorbent paper and brush them with the coffee sauce.
- Place the vegetables on a plate with the help of a ring and place the foie on top.
- Sprinkle some Maldon salt over the foie.
- Make a circle on the plate with the coffee sauce to decorate.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 11.68 g
Saturates 10.33 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 37.96 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 5.6 g
Cholesterol 174.7 mg
Calcium 254.19 mg
Iron 7.57 mg
Zinc 3.36 mg
Vitamin A 4856.11 ug
Vitamin C 84.49 g
Folic acid 224.29 ug
Salt (Sodium) 616.68 mg
Sugars 31.2 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed