Basque albacore tuna in pickled sauce
- Clean the albacore tuna and cut it in slices. If you have a white tuna belly (Ventresca), keep it in a whole piece.
- Boil in brine (water and thick salt), add a bay leaf, and keep boiling until the flesh separates from the bone.
- Remove from brine and let cool.
To make the pickling brine:
- Cut the onion into julienne strips and chop the carrot into circles or half-moons.
- Poach in oil, once the vegetables are cooked, add some wine and vinegar and keep boiling for a few minutes. Let cool.
To be packed in glass jars:
- Sterilize the glass jars (lids must be previously removed) to 100 ºC for 10 minutes (jar capacity 0.25l).
- Remove skin, bones and coloured black parts from the albacore tuna.
- Place the albacore tuna into glass jars and cover with prickling brine.
- Sterilize the glass jars to 100 ºC for 40 minutes or using pressure to 119 ºC for 30 minutes.
- Wait 4-6 weeks before eating.
- It can be kept for a long time.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.81 g
Saturates 4.39 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 21.26 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 3.34 g
Cholesterol 35.85 mg
Calcium 78.47 mg
Iron 2.07 mg
Zinc 1.19 mg
Vitamin A 311.06 ug
Vitamin C 5.29 g
Folic acid 19.42 ug
Salt (Sodium) 5499.45 mg
Sugars 1.56 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Type of dish
- Cuisine type
- Tratamiento de la leche
- Additional culinary preparation
- Production site
- Maridaje bebida
- Food pairing
- Fat percentage
- Conservation technique
- Seasonal recipes
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed