Pea, carrot, potato and leek stew with poached egg
- Make a vegetable stock.
- Chop the onion and leek into brunoise and then sauté.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 2cm cubes and the carrots into half-moons, then set aside.
- Place the sautéed vegetables in a pot, add the bacon cubes and brown.
- Thicken with flour and add the stock.
- Add the peas, carrots and potatoes and let stew until fully cooked.
- Add salt if required.
- Poach the eggs on a low heat (dual function oven or bain-marie) at 73 ºC for 2-3 minutes.
- They can also be poached in hot but not boiling water with a splash of vinegar.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 19.45 g
Saturates 4.39 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.25 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.15 g
Cholesterol 239.68 mg
Calcium 217.89 mg
Iron 6.22 mg
Zinc 3.09 mg
Vitamin A 1001.95 ug
Vitamin C 70.71 g
Folic acid 262.75 ug
Salt (Sodium) 229.78 mg
Sugars 21.56 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed