Savoury chocolate sponge cake
- Preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- Soak the halved dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes blend them with a blender.
- Mix the date paste, the egg and the oil.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, ground almonds, cocoa, raising agent, baking soda and salt. sieve and set aside.
- Gradually mix the wet and the dry ingredients. Add in the rest of dry ingredients and finish mixing.
- Pour into a mould and bake at 170 ºC for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when it is cooked through and let cool.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 18.04 g
Saturates 11.62 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 15.68 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 25.28 g
Cholesterol 231.68 mg
Calcium 151.5 mg
Iron 15.64 mg
Zinc 2.76 mg
Vitamin A 124.19 ug
Vitamin C 0.0 g
Folic acid 53.4 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1264.5 mg
Sugars 81.84 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed