Lamb menestra (boiled vegetable stew)
Jarrete de pierna de cordero congelado 1.25 kg
Onion 0.375 kg
Frozen mixed vegetables 1.625 kg
For the lamb:
- Make a brown stock.
- Chop the lamb into evenly sized chunks, season, flour and brown them.
- Mix in in a bowl with the seasoning along with the vegetables cut into brunoise (onion, garlic, carrot and leek).
- Add red wine, cover and allow it to sweat on a low heat.
- Then, add the stock until the meat is completely covered.
- Cook it until it is well done.
- Add salt to taste and check if the thickness is as desired (add cornstarch if necessary). Save for later.
For the menestra:
- Boil the menestra with salt or steam it.
- Mix the lamb with the menestra and heat all together for some minutes in order to get the flavours mixed.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 19.49 g
Saturates 16.43 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 19.92 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.89 g
Cholesterol 185.05 mg
Calcium 396.76 mg
Iron 10.34 mg
Zinc 9.14 mg
Vitamin A 2039.06 ug
Vitamin C 111.12 g
Folic acid 410.1 ug
Salt (Sodium) 276.76 mg
Sugars 28.14 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed