Glazed flank steak with green bean juice
Deboned beef flank 1.0 kg
Ground black pepper 1.0 g
For the flank steak:
- Remove the excess of external fat from the flank and chop it into square portions of about 200 g.
- Vacuum pack with a little salt and black pepper.
- Boil or steam in the Roner sous-vide cooker for 18 hours at 72 ºC.
- Once finished, let the meat stand for 15 minutes at room temperature to allow the juices to settle and to prevent it from toughening.
- Cool in a chiller or in iced water.
For the glaze sauce:
- Reduce the juice that’s left in the bag until obtaining a glaze of meat.
- Mix the reduction at a low heat with the butter cubes and add salt if required.
For the green bean juice:
- Prepare the green bean juice by blanching them in boiling water with salt and then putting them in iced water.
- Drain the beans and pour some garlic fried in oil over them.
- Use a blender or a thermomix to blend everything together.
- Strain through a sieve and add salt if required.
- Emulsify the juice with a little virgin olive oil.
For the mashed potatoes:
- Season the mashed potatoes with some garlic fried with oil.
For the decoration:
- Boil the mini leeks the English way.
HOW TO SERVE
- Reheat the meat at 72 ºC in Roner or in a steam oven for about 10 minutes.
- Sear the meat with a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and, once sealed, glaze it with the meat juice.
- Place the mashed potatoes on the plate and the glazed flank over them.
- Heat up the mini leeks.
- Serve the hot green bean juice in a jug.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 4.51 g
Saturates 13.27 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 19.2 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 4.18 g
Cholesterol 55.39 mg
Calcium 95.85 mg
Iron 7.04 mg
Zinc 7.03 mg
Vitamin A 264.79 ug
Vitamin C 41.08 g
Folic acid 81.8 ug
Salt (Sodium) 561.88 mg
Sugars 5.2 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed