Filet mignon with Idiazabal cheese sauce
For the filet mignon:
- Chop the filet mignon into 1 cm thick pieces and set aside.
For the sauce:
- Make a brown stock and reduce by half.
- Infuse grated Idiazabal cheese into liquid cream and let it reduce.
- Mix the demi-glace with the cream and cheese reduction and cook it until it has texture.
For the garnish:
- Sauté the finely sliced potatoes in soft olive oil.
- Cut thin slices of bacon in the slicer.
- Cut thin slices of Idiazabal cheese in the slicer.
- Make potato, bacon and cheese millefeuilles in a silicone mould placing the potato first, then bacon, potato, cheese, potato, bacon, cheese and potato at the end.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ºC for 10 minutes, dry heat.
- Remove from the mould and set aside.
- Infuse the bacon into the cream, strain the cream and reduce until you have the desired thickness.
For the decoration:
- Make a parsley sauce and place in a bottle.
- Make a bacon powder to decorate the garnish. To do this, finely chop the bacon and fry it until it has a crunchy texture. Drain and finely chop in the thermomix to obtain a powder.
HOW TO SERVE
- Grill the fillet steaks and place them on a plate, covering them with Idiazabal sauce.
- Heat up the potato, bacon and cheese millefeuille in the oven and place it on the plate. Pour the reduced cream and bacon infusion on top of the cake and decorate it with bacon powder.
- Finish decorating by adding a drop of parsley oil.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 4.18 g
Saturates 39.04 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 34.84 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 4.5 g
Cholesterol 233.0 mg
Calcium 787.33 mg
Iron 7.9 mg
Zinc 7.34 mg
Vitamin A 937.82 ug
Vitamin C 72.81 g
Folic acid 102.2 ug
Salt (Sodium) 670.22 mg
Sugars 8.39 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Type of dish
- Cuisine type
- Tratamiento de la leche
- Additional culinary preparation
- Production site
- Maridaje bebida
- Food pairing
- Fat percentage
- Conservation technique
- Seasonal recipes
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed