Roasted duck breast with mushrooms, chestnuts and fruits of the forest
Duck breast 1.0 kg
Confruti fruits of the forest 0.1 kg
Frozen mushrooms 0.15 kg
Peeled frozen chestnuts 0.2 kg
For the duck breast:
- Make superficial cuts in the shape of diamonds on the fatty duck breast
- Sear the duck breast until the fat takes on a nice toasted colour. Turn it over and seal it completely.
For the duck juice:
- Fry bird and duck scraps and giblets in a pan with a little oil.
- Deglaze with Pedro Ximénez wine and drizzle with poultry stock.
- Leave to cook until reduced by half.
- Mix with cornstarch and season with salt. Set aside.
For the mushrooms:
- Make garlic oil and confit the mushrooms in it.
- Remove the mushrooms, leave to cool and then fillet them. Set aside.
For the chestnut puree:
- Cook the peeled chestnuts in milk with a little salt and some aniseed.
- Drain the chestnuts, mash them and add the milk from the cooking process as needed to make a thick puree.
- For the fruits of the forest coulis:
- Boil the berries in a saucepan with sugar and a little water.
- Reduce and blend then strain.
- Brush the plate with the fruits of the forest coulis.
- Finish cooking the duck breast in the oven at 180 ºC, dry heat, for 6 minutes. Carve it into 1 cm thick fillets.
- Place the hot chestnut puree on one side of the plate.
- Place the fillets of the duck breast on the border and add the duck juice.
- Place the seared mushroom on the other side.
- Add Maldon salt to the duck and decorate with the raspberry and blueberries.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 3.98 g
Saturates 11.35 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 28.12 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 7.84 g
Cholesterol 155.7 mg
Calcium 87.52 mg
Iron 4.82 mg
Zinc 5.76 mg
Vitamin A 102.04 ug
Vitamin C 10.13 g
Folic acid 59.98 ug
Salt (Sodium) 371.4 mg
Sugars 12.16 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed