Vigil way (vegetarian) simmered chickpeas
- Soak the cod and then crumble.
- Soak the chickpeas in cold salt water the day before.
- Peel and break the potatoes.
- Chop the carrots into half moons and peel the garlic.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas.
- Boil the chickpeas in boiling water with the carrot.
- Add the potatoes just before finishing.
- Boil the spinach.
- Boil the egg, peel and separate the yolk from the white. Chop the egg white.
- Preserve the garlic in virgin olive oil.
For the mash:
- Use the preserved garlic, together with the boiled egg yolk and part of the oil.
- Combine the chickpeas, the mash, the egg white and the spinach.
- Boil everything together.
- Add the crumbled cod, cover and turn off the heat.
- Add salt to taste.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 11.35 g
Saturates 1.32 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 5.45 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.24 g
Cholesterol 68.9 mg
Calcium 142.45 mg
Iron 6.32 mg
Zinc 1.09 mg
Vitamin A 437.69 ug
Vitamin C 23.29 g
Folic acid 179.64 ug
Salt (Sodium) 72.94 mg
Sugars 3.63 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed