Galician style octopus skewers with potato cream and bacon
For cooked octopus: cut into 0.5 cm slices.
For the bacon cream:
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water with the skin left on. Peel and set aside.
- Boil the milk along with the bacon until the milk begins to smell like bacon.
- Strain the milk, add the boiled potato and blend using a thermomix until a smooth cream is obtained. (If more flavour is needed crush some pieces of bacon into the milk).
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Put 3 slices of octopus onto each skewer, season with oil, paprika and salt.
- Place a little creamed potato into the bottom of a glass and place the skewer on top.
- It can be decorated with ‘Modena vinaigrette’ and a potato chip.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.05 g
Saturates 1.5 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 3.73 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.86 g
Cholesterol 32.92 mg
Calcium 96.38 mg
Iron 1.09 mg
Zinc 1.11 mg
Vitamin A 46.01 ug
Vitamin C 0.63 g
Folic acid 8.58 ug
Salt (Sodium) 425.11 mg
Sugars 0.43 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed