Caramel ice cream
- Boil the milk and cream with the vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and 1/4 of sugar.
- Heat 3/4 cups of sugar in a pan until it is dark amber colour.
- Pour the mixture until all the caramel has dissolved.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a medium sized bowl, then add half of hot caramel mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Heat between 82 °C-85 °C and strain through a thin sieve.
- Churn the ice cream in an ice-cream maker.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.0 g
Saturates 2.38 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 1.58 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.39 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg
Calcium 41.46 mg
Iron 0.45 mg
Zinc 0.31 mg
Vitamin A 77.0 ug
Vitamin C 0.45 g
Folic acid 10.31 ug
Salt (Sodium) 30.01 mg
Sugars 6.27 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed