Roasted duck breast with blueberry sauce and peach purée
Frozen cranberries 0.25 kg
Dark poultry stock 0.5 l
Port wine Bandeira 0.01 l
Chives 2.0 g
For the duck breast:
- Make transversal and longitudinal cuts in the fatty part of the duck breast to obtain a diamond pattern.
For the peach puree:
- Cook the peach in water, sugar and a cinnamon stick.
- Blend it until it becomes a smooth purée.
- If it is necessary to lighten use the cooking liquid from the peach.
- Chop some chives to decorate the puree.
For the blueberry coulis:
- Make a syrup and keep it boiling for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the blueberries and cover.
- Drain the blueberries, set aside a few to decorate the sauce and mash the rest.
- If it is too thick, lighten it with cranberry syrup.
For the Porto sauce:
- Make a demiglace with a dark poultry stock.
- Make a blond caramel, add the port and leave to reduce.
- Mix with a little demiglace and the Porto caramel.
- Sear the grilled duck breast, firstly searing the fatty part and then the meat.
- Finish cooking by roasting in the oven at 180 ºC.
- Slice the duck breast into fillets of about 2 cm.
- Dish up the peach puree in a teardrop shape.
- Place the slices of duck breast on top of the tear.
- Season with the Port sauce.
- Using a squeezy bottle, place a few drops of different sized blueberry coulis on the plate.
- Season with Maldon salt and decorate with chopped chives.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 5.74 g
Saturates 7.85 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 11.6 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 5.91 g
Cholesterol 150.0 mg
Calcium 74.36 mg
Iron 5.51 mg
Zinc 5.68 mg
Vitamin A 233.17 ug
Vitamin C 36.86 g
Folic acid 98.4 ug
Salt (Sodium) 179.36 mg
Sugars 32.41 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed