Orange-glazed english fruit-cake
- Preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- Grease a 20 cm long mould.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix until they are incorporated.
- In another bowl sieve the flour, the creamed corn, the salt and the raising agent.
- Add the flour mixture to the dough and mix until there are no lumps, but without working the dough too much.
- Moisten the sultanas.
- Add the rum, the orange flavour, the corinto raisins and finally the fruit cubes.
- Pour the dough into the mould until it is 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown. In any case, check that it is well baked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
For the glaze
- Prepare the orange juice.
- In a bowl mix the icing sugar with the orange juice and the orange flavour.
- Pour over the cake once it is cold and decorate it with some dried fruits and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 7.75 g
Saturates 7.16 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 13.26 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 25.38 g
Cholesterol 229.88 mg
Calcium 95.3 mg
Iron 4.41 mg
Zinc 1.89 mg
Vitamin A 123.43 ug
Vitamin C 12.17 g
Folic acid 53.59 ug
Salt (Sodium) 252.9 mg
Sugars 125.59 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed