Basque albacore tuna in olive oil
- Clean the albacore tuna and cut it in slices. If you have a white tuna belly (Ventresca), keep it in a whole piece.
- Boil in brine (water and thick salt), add a bay leaf, and keep boiling until the flesh separates from the bone.
- Remove from brine and let cool.
- Remove skin, bones and coloured black parts from the albacore tuna.
To be packed in glass jars:
- Sterilize the glass jars (lids must be previously removed) to 100 ºC for 10 minutes (jar capacity 0.25l)
- Place the albacore tuna into glass jars and cover with soft olive oil.
- Sterilize the glass jars to 100 ºC for 40 minutes or using pressure to 119 ºC for 30 minutes.
- Wait 4-6 weeks before eating.
- It can be kept for a long time.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.0 g
Saturates 4.38 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 21.25 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 3.32 g
Cholesterol 35.85 mg
Calcium 33.73 mg
Iron 0.98 mg
Zinc 1.04 mg
Vitamin A 87.6 ug
Vitamin C 0.0 g
Folic acid 14.1 ug
Salt (Sodium) 5476.62 mg
Sugars 0.05 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed