Joconde sponge cake
- Preheat in the oven to 240 ºC.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form, and add the caster sugar.
- Beat the eggs and the coarse sugar until the batter becomes fluffy and triples in volume.
- Add the flour and ground almond to the fluffy egg.
- Incorporate to the batter the egg whites to stiff peaks and then mix to homogenize.
- Pour the butter, previously melted and tempered, and mix to homogenize using a rubber spatula.
- Place it in an oven tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- The eggs must be at room temperature because mix better with the batter and rise more easily.
- The egg whites, beaten into stiff peaks, must be kept beating slowly until its use.
- The most usual is to spread the batter of the sponge cake over cigarette paste, previously frozen, and bake together.
- Line the molds chosen with food safe acetate.
- Cut the cake to desired form and place the pattern with cigarette paste facing the acetate sheet so as to be seen the said pattern when removing from the mold.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.2 g
Saturates 4.57 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 3.53 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.1 g
Cholesterol 223.52 mg
Calcium 33.89 mg
Iron 1.12 mg
Zinc 0.78 mg
Vitamin A 156.35 ug
Vitamin C 0.0 g
Folic acid 32.49 ug
Salt (Sodium) 183.32 mg
Sugars 32.94 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed