Veal cheeks seasoned with Pedro Ximénez and garnished with vegetables
For this recipe, the following elaborations are needed:
For the veal:
- Add salt and pepper and slightly flour the meat, clean the meat from tendons and fat.
- Sauté and set aside.
- In the same pan, previously degreased, fry to soften the vegetables cut into brunoise (onion, carrot, garlic and leek).
- Add the chorizo pepper pulp, previously soaked and the veal. Drizzle with the sweet wine (Pedro Ximénez) and let reduce. Then add red wine and let reduce again.
- Cover with the stock, covering the vegetables but not covering the meat, and cook covered. During cooking, add more stock or salt if needed.
- When the meat is tender, blend the sauce if needed.
- Cut the veal into 3 or 4 fillets, or dice.
- Place the meat on a plate and pour over the sauce and serve with the vegetables.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 11.81 g
Saturates 29.72 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 38.26 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 11.08 g
Cholesterol 208.09 mg
Calcium 275.77 mg
Iron 10.54 mg
Zinc 11.68 mg
Vitamin A 997.06 ug
Vitamin C 73.71 g
Folic acid 228.35 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1670.97 mg
Sugars 21.28 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed