Vegetables brown stock
- Wash green part of the leek and the carrot. Chop into big chunks.
- Peel and cut the onions into big chunks.
- Place the cut and clean vegetables in an oven tray and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in a stockpot with cold water.
- Place the tray or the frying pan over the heat, skim off any fat, add some water and use a whisk to scrap the browned bits from the tray. Add the resulting liquid to the stockpot.
- Turn the heat up until it boils. Then turn down and simmer. Skim off any foam that form. Simmer for at least 3 hours.
- Strain, skim off any foam and use the remaining stock.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 5.82 g
Saturates 0.18 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.37 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Calcium 131.92 mg
Iron 2.13 mg
Zinc 0.49 mg
Vitamin A 243.12 ug
Vitamin C 39.92 g
Folic acid 142.31 ug
Salt (Sodium) 53.19 mg
Sugars 13.57 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed