San Blas biscuit
- Beat the eggs. Then add the sugar and continue whisking.
- Once the mixture is fluffy, add in the melted butter and the star anise extract. Folding gently until combined.
- Incorporate the flour and the raising agent.
- Let the dough rest. Roll the dough until it is 1 cm thick and cut round or oval biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits at 180 ºC for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a modular oven, set the programme 3 (top rack) -4 (middle rack) -3 (bottom rack), with the valve open.
- Whisk the egg whites until you get stiff peaks. Gently incorporate the icing sugar and anise (optional).
- Once the meringue is set, decorate the top of the biscuits with it once they are out of the oven.
- Let the biscuits completely cool. With tempered chocolate, write ‘SAN BLAS’.
- Each biscuit weighs about 130 g.
- You can also make this biscuits with shortcrust dough to make sablés.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 3.84 g
Saturates 7.43 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 4.3 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.04 g
Cholesterol 100.97 mg
Calcium 35.01 mg
Iron 2.99 mg
Zinc 1.32 mg
Vitamin A 94.7 ug
Vitamin C 0.0 g
Folic acid 25.8 ug
Salt (Sodium) 52.06 mg
Sugars 74.22 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed