Custard with caramel
The following elaborations are needed for this recipe
- Boil 3/4 of the milk with the cinnamon and the orange and lemon peels (optional).
- Dissolve the creamed corn in the remaining milk.
- Add the milk yolks and mix all.
- When the milk is well infused, remove the flavourings and add the mixture previously strained through the Chinois.
- Make the diluted caramel and blend with the mixture.
- Mix all and put over the heat until the mixture reaches 85 ºC.
- Cool and serve.
- Check that the texture is right by wetting a spatula and touching it with a fingertip to see if there is a well defined line.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.04 g
Saturates 5.63 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 4.08 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.14 g
Cholesterol 296.8 mg
Calcium 274.88 mg
Iron 1.74 mg
Zinc 1.6 mg
Vitamin A 198.4 ug
Vitamin C 3.6 g
Folic acid 41.2 ug
Salt (Sodium) 272.0 mg
Sugars 67.17 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed