Veal cheeks stew seasoned with Pedro Ximénez and garnished with potatoes
Potato 0.6 kg
High oleic oil 0.25 l
- Prepare a white stock.
- Chop the onion, carrot, garlics and leeks into brunoise.
- Soak the chorizo pepper.
- Clean the meat from tendons and fat.
- Add salt and pepper and slightly flour the meat.
- Sauté the veal and place into a pan for stewing.
- Degrease the pan where the meat has been sautéed and fry to soften the vegetables, so they take some colour and absorb the meat juices.
- Add the chorizo pepper pulp and the veal. Once browned, drizzle with the sweet wine (Pedro Ximénez) and allow to reduce. Then add red wine and let reduce again.
- Soak with the white stock, covering the vegetables but not covering the meat, and let cook covered. Add more stock if needed.
- When the meat is tender, blend the sauce and add salt as needed.
- Cut the veal into 3 or 4 fillets, or dice.
- Place the meat on a plate and pour over the sauce and serve with the Spanish style cut French fries as garnish.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.52 g
Saturates 30.83 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 53.07 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 12.89 g
Cholesterol 208.18 mg
Calcium 227.85 mg
Iron 9.32 mg
Zinc 11.11 mg
Vitamin A 316.39 ug
Vitamin C 50.34 g
Folic acid 176.35 ug
Salt (Sodium) 605.37 mg
Sugars 13.66 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed