Alkatene zurrukutuna (cod, garlic, red pepper and bread soup)
Glazed cod 0.45 kg
Glazed cod 0.125 kg
Chorizo pepper 3.0 ud
Chilli pepper 0.25 g
For the soup:
- Make a fumet or a poultry stock starting with a light bone or chicken carcass sauté (the soup can be made with some fumet or with a white stock).
- Soak the choricero peppers and take the flesh from the skin. Save the choricero pepper flesh for later. It is also possible to make a basic biscaynne sauce and to use it later for the seasoning of the soup.
- Chop some garlic and green pepper into brunoise and finely slice some dry bread.
- Crumble the cod.
Make a soup:
- Brown the garlic in a sauté pan with olive oil.
- Add green pepper and sauté.
- Add the crumbled cod and fry.
- Add the dry bread slices and, then, the pepper flesh. Sauté everything together and add some fumet or some white poultry stock, just until all the ingredients are covered, whilst gently simmering all the ingredients.
For the garnish:
- Poach an egg on a low heat (65 ºC) for 22 minutes.
- Confit the cod dices for the garnish.
For the sauce:
- Emulsify the pilpil sauce starting with the cod dices’ confit.
- Chopped parsley.
- Add salt to taste and adjust the thickness if needed and place it in a soup bowl.
- Place the egg on top, previously sprinkled with Maldon salt and chopped parsley.
- Place a cod dice with its pilpil sauce next to the egg.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 12.03 g
Saturates 6.92 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 20.73 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 4.69 g
Cholesterol 261.13 mg
Calcium 283.5 mg
Iron 6.19 mg
Zinc 6.66 mg
Vitamin A 543.17 ug
Vitamin C 96.09 g
Folic acid 265.01 ug
Salt (Sodium) 695.41 mg
Sugars 22.95 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed