It is a kind of fish with a lot of non-edible parts. They are saltwater whitefish.
Their under side is white and their upper side is dark brown or black.
The loin is much thicker on the dorsal part than in the ventral one.
They can be found in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, Atlantic being more appreciated for their harder meat.
They can be caught all year round, but the best ones are those caught before spawning, which takes place between April and June. Their length is about 30 cm. The amount of mucus on their skin marks their freshness.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed