The carambola or starfruit is a tropical perennial bush that belongs to the Oxalidaceae family.
Its main component is water. It has small amounts of simple carbohydrates and even smaller amounts of protein and fat, which is why their caloric value is very low.
The pulp is rich in calcium oxalate and soluble fiber.
It has a small amount of provitamin A and vitamin C.
It contains potassium.
Being so rich in calcium oxalate, it is not recommended for those with kidney stones.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed