It is a silver coloured fish with a black spot on its back and sides with strong big scales. Both dorsal fins are the same size. It can measure up to 80 cm in length and weigh 5-7 kg.
They eat gregarious fish, mainly anchovies and sardines, and they live in small groups near rocky coasts and mouths of rivers.
The bass’ main characteristic is its voracity.
This species of fish are caught during the whole year although captures drop in spring. The average serving per person is 250 to 300 g.
This white fish can also be semi-oily, depending on the season and feeding. It is a saltwater fish.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed