Fruit of the forest jam
- Layer the fruit of the forest in a pan and the sugar.
- Add the lemon juice. Leave it to marinate for 1 hour. The aim is to remove all the water from the fruits and this way, the dissolution of the sugar. This reduces slightly the cooking time and avoids the browning of the sugar.
- Place on to the heat and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Blend and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds and the rest of the skin.
- Add the remaining sugar and mix it with the pectin.
- Heat to 105 ºC.
- To ensure that the thickness of the jam is right beat until the desired texture is achieved once thickened remove from the heat and proceed to packaging. Otherwise, cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and the lids for 10 minutes in a steam cooker. Otherwise, in a pressure cooker.
- Once the jam is removed from the heat, package it hot.
- Close slightly the jars with the lids.
To vacuum, place in a steam cooker for 20 minutes.
Let cool at room temperature.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 2.88 g
Saturates 0.0 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Calcium 6.96 mg
Iron 0.43 mg
Zinc 0.08 mg
Vitamin A 3.42 ug
Vitamin C 15.85 g
Folic acid 6.2 ug
Salt (Sodium) 0.0 mg
Sugars 21.48 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed