Common name: sweet tooth, wood hedgehog or hedgehog mushroom.
Its cap has 3 – 10 cm, it is pulpy and irregular, and has lob edges.
It has a dry and velvety cuticle, pallid yellow.
The weak spines that are under the hat, are lighter.
The base is short, thick and eccentric.
Brittle hard pulp, unlikely to be infested. It is odourless and a bit bitter. It is a saprophytic of forests. It is a good food and needs a previous prolonged cooking, due to its consistency.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed